Welcome to the Cape Cod Genealogical Society
Annual “Our Members Share” Meeting
It’s time to plan our Holiday meeting, which will be held on Tuesday, December 17, 2019.
In order to celebrate the December holidays each year, we take time to focus on our members. This is your opportunity to share with us all.
Please consider sharing with your fellow members during our traditional holiday program…
If you have:
— A story to tell
— A artifact or photo(es) passed down from an ancestor
— A recent DNA discovery
— Or anything else related to your genealogical journey
Consider sharing with your fellow members during our traditional holiday program with a 5 -10 minute presentation. In order to make sure everyone has time to share, please contact us at email@example.com with your name and topic prior to December 10th.
Another tradition at our December meeting is to eliminate the Dunkin’ Munchkins, in favor of more traditional holiday goodies donated by our members. Please consider baking/providing holiday treats we can all share during our social time prior to our meeting. If you are sharing a family traditional item, perhaps add a small sign telling us what it is and why it is significant to you.
- In order to ensure we will have enough to share with all who attend, and that there is a variety of items, please consider letting us know in advance that you intend to bring food.
Our meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 17, 2019, at the Brewster Ladies Library Rte 6A, in the auditorium, which can be accessed from the side entrance. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 10 AM, with coffee and refreshments available from 9:30 AM.
In consideration of the library’s regular patrons, we ask that you park in the adjoining parking lot, behind the Baptist Church, next door to the library, unless you are disabled and need to park close to the building.
The CCGS Genealogy Room is open at the Dennis Public Library every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Come visit us to take advantage of:
- Assistance from our dedicated volunteers
- Access to Ancestry.com, FindMyPast, American Ancestors, and Family Search
- Access to our extensive publications collection
- Advice about researching your Mayflower lines
We are a Family Search Affiliate Library!
As a FamilySearch affiliate library, researchers will have onsite access to more than two billion digitized records, including 400 million images that are not currently available to the public outside an affiliate library or a FamilySearch family history center.
Genealogy Education Courses:
at Jonathan Bourne Public Library: Thursdays, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- January 9: General Introduction to Genealogical Methods
- January 16: DNA for Genealogy
at Centerville Public Library: Fridays, 1 – 3 p.m.
- January 10: General Introduction to Genealogical Methods
- January 24: Immigration and Migration
- February 14: Using the Census
- February 21: Land and Probate Records
- February 28: DNA for Genealogy
at Dennis Public Library : Thursdays, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- January 23: General Introduction to Genealogical Methods
- February 27: Immigration and Migration
- March 26: Using the Census
These classes are open to the public. For registration details and questions click here to email David Martin. All workshops are free!
Special Interest Groups:
Share Your Passion with others!
Our Special Interest Groups (SIGs) provide members the opportunity to gather with others with similar interests in genealogy! Click here to find out more.